16th May 2023:
Mr. Ramakrishna Lingireddy, General Secretary, HYSEA welcomed the members to the AGM and invited Ms. Manisha Saboo, President, HYSEA to present the Annual Report.
Manisha Presented the Annual Report for FY23 and shared the work done by HYSEA in the three focus areas for the LTM.
Talent Transformation – Key interventions:
- Project Drona – 260+ faculty actively pursuing.
- Curriculum Mastermind – Pilot implemented in 6 colleges.
- College Adopt – Goal to improve the employability skills of students from Tier 2 & 3 colleges.
- Two editions of Women Leadership Development Program (WLDP)
- Cloud CoE – Published one white paper | Quarterly cloud skilling hands on labs.
- WINTalk Series – With TASK has impacted more than 30,000+ students.
Knowledge Exchange – Key interventions:
- Knowledge Assets
- Hyderabad Location attractiveness report by HYSEA-KPMG
- HYSEA Survey on Return to Office & Hiring Trends report
- CXO Networking & CXO Select Networking Meetings with Global thought leaders like
- Ravi S Kumar, CEO, Cognizant, Radha Penekelapati, VP, Cruise, Madan Padaki, President, TiE Bangalore & Harish Mehta, First elected president of NASSCOM
- Two highly successful CATALYST events brought startups & corporates onto a platform
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- A very high profile “Hyderabad Ecosystem Meet” with Endiya Partners
- Impetus with FTCCI on 23rd June at HICC
ESG – Key interventions:
- Policy Advocacy
- HYSEA – PWC collaborated to draft a survey mechanism for IT companies to disclose ESG parameters
- Representation to TS electricity regulatory authority on behalf of the industry regarding open access power and green power
- Awareness campaigns on E-waste management
- Launch of Project Udaan to support 10,000+ underprivileged youth – 10 Crs raised for this intervention.
- Diversity initiatives
- Aspire More – 250+ strong network of women leaders with 10+ years of experience
- Ignite Spark – Diversity initiative for Young Women to encourage/guide them to pursue long-term careers
Manisha motivated member companies to actively participate and provide support for the various interventions. Additionally, she said the appointment of Mr. Sesha M Rao, a prominent industry leader, as the executive director, was with the aim of strengthening member relations, enhancing services, and fostering collaboration with ecosystem partners.
Sesha is focussed on Collaboration and member engagement.
2. Ramakrishna Lingireddy, General Secretary, HYSEA presented the accounts for the FY23.
- Lot of new events were initiated in this financial year
- Wherever possible we bought in sponsorship.
- Going forward EC has resolved to make each event self-sustainable thru sponsorship
- Regarding a query on liabilities, it was clarified that as the Annual Event was held in February this year the invoices for membership renewal were sent a month late hence the advance receipts for membership fee FY24 were slightly less as of 31st March 2023.
- Administrative expenses have increased as HYSEA has a engaged a Social Media agency
- Annual Event was a bigger event this year with record participation from member companies and IT/ITES fraternity
- Raghu Babu Gunturu, Founder, Simplybiz suggested if HYSEA can explore non deduction of TDS on all payments to HYSEA as we are registered under 12A and 80G.
After a detailed presentation of the accounts and discussion, the AGM approved the accounts by voice vote. The same was proposed by Raghu Babu Gunturu, Founder, Simplybiz and seconded by Sita Mahalakshmi Durvasula, India Head/VP Product Dev, Shipconsole.
3. Ramakrishna Lingireddy, General Secretary introduced the proposed changes to clause 5.3 of byelaws.
|Clause No. inByelaws||Existing Clause||Proposed Change|
|5.3||HYSEA will have a special category of membership for Patrons. It will be by invitation from President with a formal approval of the Managing Committee. At any given time, there will be not more than five Patron members. The fee for this category of membership will be a one-time payment of Rs. 20 Lakhs. This membership will be valid for three years. A Patron will have the same Voting Rights as the highest category member i.e., “Large”.||HYSEA will have a special category of membership for Patrons. It will be by invitation from President with a formal approval of the Managing Committee. At any given time, there will be not more than10 Patron members. The fee for this category of membership will be a one-time payment of Rs. 20 Lakhs. This membership will be valid for three years. A Patron will have the same Voting Rights as the highest category member i.e., “Large”. MC will be vested with the power to approve payment of the patron membership fee in instalments.|
After a brief discussion, the proposed changes were approved by the AGM. The same was Proposed by Satish Vadlamani, VP & Country Head, Infrastructure & Facilities, Genpact, and seconded by Phani Pattamatta, Chief Operating Officer, Bourntec Solutions, India. It was also clarified that only patrons from the industry will be eligible for voting rights. Eco-system patrons are not eligible to vote.
4. Appointment of the Auditor for year FY24 – The AGM approved the continuation of the auditors JAYANT & SADASHIV Team
- Mr. Chandra Sekhar Vaddadi, FCA
- Mr. Jayant Palnitkar, FCA &
- Mr. Sadashiv Sawrikar, LLB, FCA
The same was proposed by Ms. Soujanya and seconded by Raghu Babu Gunturu, Founder, Simplybiz.
5. Ms. Manisha Saboo, President, HYSEA informed the AGM about addition of Mr. Isaac Rajkumar, MD, Realpage to Executive Committee of HYSEA. This was necessitated by resignation of Mr. Sandeep Sarma, Executive Committee member of HYSEA moving out of his company and hence the association.