Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurance company with over 31000 employees across 54 countries and territories. We started our India offices in the Analytics and Technology space in October 2019 and have branches in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Bhubaneshwar. We have successfully built our India team to over 700 employees since then and most of our hiring has been during the pandemic using innovative ways for hiring top talent through our BOT rounds and virtual hiring practices. Our key focus on D&I has been a critical throughout our journey so far.
Chubb believes that meaningful contributions that support our communities globally provide lasting benefits to society, our employees and our company. Apart from the CSR initiatives at Chubb globally, we have initiated various philanthropical activities since inception in India.
Here is a brief update on some of the activities that were initiated
– Benefitted 260 families affected by Hyderabad Flood & Covid19 challenges by distributing Livelihood kits (Sewing machines, push carts, Plumber kits, Electrician Kits, painter kits, Tailoring kits, Hot Iron press machines etc.) in the areas of Musheerabad, Golkonda, Falaknuma, Fateh Nagar & Borabanda
– As a part of the project initiated by HYSEA, our employees contributed voluntarily to improve the Health Ecosystem in the state. This amount was given to Nirmaan, which was utilized for hygiene workers, sanitary workers and data entry operators’ salaries in Hitech City Hospitals
– Chubb Global contributed US $ 5 million to AIG for supporting Healthcare during 2nd wave of Covid19 pandemic
D&I for PwD
– As a part of our D&I drive, we successfully hired 2 resources (Speech / hearing impaired and ortho impaired) for our operations. More hiring in this space is in progress.
– Donated 103 Lenovo tablets with 1-year wi-fi connectivity, to underprivileged 10th class students (who had constraints to continue studies due to lack of infrastructure) at Arur / Peddapur and Sadashivpet
Government Schools in Sangareddy District.
– Shortlisted two schools for DDI in Hyderabad (MoU – under preparation). This effort would benefit 1200 plus students when the schools re-open. DDI features with commissioning of Computer Laboratory with 15 computers, furniture, licensed software’s, faculty, security and related networks.
In a constant endeavor to build and support our CSR ecosystem, we have two delegates representing Chubb in the HYSEA CSR Forum who are actively participating in all initiatives since Apr – May 2020.