COVID Wave 2 – HYSEA and Member companies Support and Empower the Government Healthcare system to tackle this emergency
As India grapples with the devastating second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic and cities face fresh lockdowns, we needed to step up our fight against the same! HYSEA and member companies along with NGO partner Nirmaan quickly identified a few areas where a quick intervention would provide huge support to those engaged in this fight.
The multi-pronged strategy included:
- Medical Equipment and Staffing Support to Govt. Hospitals (At present: TIMS, Kondapur Dist. Hospital and Sarojini Devi)
- 10 bedded Rural ICU Ward Setup across Telangana districts to support rural population (16 Districts confirmed, 4 under process)
- ICU Ward Setup at COVID Designated Hospitals to increase Beds’ availability (TIMS, Kondapur Dist. Hospital, & Sarojini Devi Hospital)
- Community Support through Home Isolation Kits, Ration and Hygiene Kits
HYSEA is working with District Collectors across Telangana to establish/upgrade the ICU facilities at the respective district hospitals so that better care facilities are provided to patients in their districts, at a time when time maybe a luxury for a covid patient.
Impact till date (12 May 2021):
- 32 of the 34 requirements across 3 hospitals ordered including critical lifesaving equipment like HFNC Machines, Oxygen Concentrators etc.
- 45% of Phase 1 support for Medical Equipment to TIMS and Kondapur completed
- 100% to be achieved by this week (14th May 2021)
- 2 ICU Wards Setup and upgradation in TIMS underway, 4 more in process (“Making TIMS Fully Functional”)
- 70% of staffing requirements at Kondapur Dist. Hospital supported including Staff Nurses, Lab Technicians, Data Entry Operators
- Support finalized/ in-progress for 7 rural districts of Telangana to setup 10-bedded ICU ward (30% of the current requirement)
More than 35+ member companies have joined us in this mission and committed more than 13Crores in donations till date.
For More details click on the link below for brief presentation
HYSEA COVID RESPONSE UPDATE – May 12th, 2021