Hyderabad Software Enterprises Association (HYSEA) Celebrates 25 Years of Enabling IT
~ Plans various events / activities throughout the next one year to commemorate the journey of enabling the IT Industry in Hyderabad ~
~ Past Presidents of HYSEA address press conference ~
Hyderabad, 18th December 2015 – Hyderabad Software Enterprises Association, HYSEA (Formerly ITsAP – The IT and ITES Industry Association of AP) Leadership addressed a press conference today announcing plans for commemoration of its Silver Jubilee Year of Foundation starting Nov 2015 to Nov 2016.
HYSEA was started in 1991, by 15 entrepreneurs who saw the potential of IT and how it could change the face of our state and its economy. Initially HYSEA helped software companies overcome their teething problems by providing them guidance and support. HYSEA’s role over the years expanded to playing a pivotal role in helping the government formulate appropriate policies and extending help in the creation of simpler and more effective procedures needed for the growth of the industry. Over the last 2 decades, HYSEA has been able to play the role of a catalyst to effectively to serve the needs of its members. It’s members include a judicious mix of Large, Medium and Small, Indian and MNC companies from the Software Services, BPO and Product segments.
The Press Meet was addressed by Sri. Jayesh Ranjan, IAS, Secretary, ITE&C Department Govt of Telangana, and past presidents of HYSEA including Sri. BVR Mohan Reddy, Founder and Executive Chairman at Cyient, Chairman, NASSCOM, Sri. JA Chowdary, Executive Chairman, TalentSprint, and Sri. Shakti Sagar, Managing Director. ADP Pvt. Ltd.
Mr. BVR Mohan Reddy, Founder and Executive Chairman at Cyient, Chairman, NASSCOM, speaking on the occasion said, “HYSEA has been a leading Industry Voice for the last 25 years. I am happy to see HYSEA entering its Silver Jubilee year. HYSEA has been a key contributor in facilitating the growth of IT Industry in Hyderabad. HYSEA partnered with the state government in providing support on policy advocacy, improving ease of doing business and building world class infrastructure. HYSEA supported its membership extensively in providing marketing support, in skill development and in corporate governance. HYSEA continues to support society through outstanding initiatives in sustainability like Car Free Thursday and Million+ tree plantation. I like to congratulate all those involving in building HYSEA for their contribution over years”.
Mr. Shakti Sagar, MD, ADP Pvt Ltd and past President of HYSEA addressing the Press Meet said, “HYSEA to me is the most vibrant state industry association in India. HYSEA started twenty five years ago with a mission to be the pivot between all stakeholders as it believed Hyderabad had the potential to be the IT capital of the country. For the last decade the focus of HYSEA has been to position Hyderabad as the leading intellectual capital of the world, by nurturing entrepreneurship, research and innovation, to achieve global excellence in IT products and services. The results of that focus we are all witnessing today. I attribute the success of HYSEA due to the selfless commitment & dedication of the leaders of the industry coupled with the strong support of the state government”.
Mr. Jayesh Ranjan, IAS, Secretary, ITE&C Dept Govt of Telangana said that “I would like to congratulate HYSEA on reaching this milestone and look forward to its constant support for the development of IT/ ITES industry in Hyderabad. We are extremely happy to see the kind of initiatives like CFT (Car Free Thursdays), Green IT Committee, etc for promoting eco-friendly practices in the IT corridor. The Telangana Govt also is pleased to support HYSEA’s initiatives.
Mr. JA Chowdary said, “A buzzing innovation culture, increase in Startups & Startup support activities and more startups getting funding, the recent launch of T- Hub will further fuel the growth of the Industry. Active collaboration between the industry and government is taking place on all fronts, be it the very effective TSIIC – IALA or the Cyberabad Security Council with Police Commiserate or the extremely effective engagement with the IT&C department. With each year the collaboration gains further strength”
Speaking on the occasion Mr. Ramesh Loganathan, President, HYSEA and Managing Director of Progress Software said, “As an industry, we are continuing to look at value growth which is key to our organic internal growth. Even as new startups may add a nice dimension to the industry, it is the innovation in the service industry that will be the near term growth driver”. This he said is a clear opportunity for all companies – especially SME companies to look at technology innovation as the primary driver for growth in services business. To look at technology innovation and creative problem solving as a service that can be offered to customers. It’s a great opportunity to rapidly transform from being a service provider to also be a trusted advisor, generating serious value for the customers. Bringing strong domain expertise, aggregate view of an industry gathered from experiences that span organizations, emerging technology insights and innovative solutions that bring all the three to the fore.The yearlong celebrations are being actively supported by the ITE&C Department, Govt of Telangana, TSIIC and other Industry bodies like NASSCOM, TiE, SCSC, and STPI. Franklin Templeton will be the Platinum sponsor of the event along with Progress Software as gold sponsor. A new logo of the Silver Jubilee Year of Foundation was unveiled by Mr. Jayesh Ranjan, IAS, Secretary, ITE&C Department.
HYSEA plans to organize various special events to not only celebrate the momentous occasion but also showcase the strength and expertise of the IT/ITES Industry”. Some of the key activities include:
- Featuring 25 successful business stories from the city in the print/electronic media and organizing road shows in India and in Silicon Valley to promote and BRAND HYDERABAD IT INFRASTRUCTURE & FAVAROUBLE BUSINESS ECO SYSTEM.
- Top 25 lists to be published of Top leaders; Top 25 SMEs; Top 25 startups and several channels to be used including, Newspapers (press release), TV features, Silver jubilee handbook/souvenir and will launch a social media campaign on Top-25 series
- HYSEA will engage in a National PR campaign to publish profiles of different aspects of city/top-25 lists, and Publish all silver jubilee events in the other cities
- Organize Roadshows In association with TS Government, to showcase the incumbent industry in the city, and new emerging opportunities around innovation and R&D (Bangalore, Delhi, Mumbai, Silicon valley)
- A Silver Jubilee Lecture series of Inspiring thought leaders of IT Industry from across the globe
- Brainstorming sessions with Government officials to discuss promotion of an integrated IT Eco System and future growth plans
- Plans to reach out to academic institutions by establishing 25 Makerspaces in Engineering Colleges in association with TASK & Series of Competitions to develop solutions and prototypes at Engineering Colleges to culminate in Grand finale are other important events planned”.
- HYSEA will formally engage with T-Hub to bring industry insights and mentors and help with Connecting Corporate Innovation initiatives
- An ambitious green initiative to plant one million saplings in one day and create a new Guinness World record and Institutionalize CFT for Promoting sustainable commute options through Car Free Thursdays
- In addition to these we plan to invite global IT Leaders to come and speak as part of the Silver Jubilee Lecture Series.
- Plenary Event in November 2016 including talks from global IT leaders who are originally from Hyderabad
- Silver Jubilee Awards event and Seminar in March
- HYSEA also plans to scale up all its Annual Events like HR, CSR, SME and Technology Summits