Objective of Product & Technology Forum
In keeping with the rapidly increasing traction in software products development work and startup eco-system at Hyderabad, the forum brings together successful CEOs, VCs, investors and others in the support eco-system sharing their views and experiences.
Organize various Technology Events including
- Products/Startups Events
- Cloud computing use-cases workshop
- HYSEA Annual Technology Day
- Product workshops (smaller showcase)
- Enterprise products/solutions workshop (theme TBD)
- Domestic opportunities showcase- products/solutions built for Hyderabad
- Products’ showcase
- Provide Support to external events
- Support monthly Startup Saturdays at IIIT
- Support other startup events (if any)
- HYSEA anchors HYDERABAD PRODUCT LEADERS – http://hyl.org/
- HYDPL was established to serve as a body to promote Innovation and New Product Development in Hyderabad. If you have a passion for and professional interest in product innovation and new product development (both goods & services) do not look further. Join us today.HYDPL is an initiative by the product leaders based out of Hyderabad, working in Product and Startups to help network and enable each other in the PL functions. HYDPL focus areas include enable and provide the support for anyone to move into product management. It also helps demystify the art of product management.
- The objective of this organization is to connect various players in the eco system (government, academia, product companies, startups ) to evangelize product thinking and adopt product management practices.HYDPL organizes monthly events. These events are the best place for anyone interested in product management to learn, share and network. Some of the events organized are workshops, product camps, speaker series, product clinics and annual event. HYDPL organizes closed door invite only discussion meetings to talk about trends and challenges in product management. The round tables are expected to discuss key issues facing leaders and executives of product companies. The round table brings together a wide perspective across the table from product leaders, startups, venture capitalists and academia to launch strategic initiatives.Product camps are half a day long fun filled event with the attendees driving the agenda! Learn from peers and experts at this volunteer speakers and attendee voted agenda in a casual informal environment!
25th Annual HYSEA Summit & Awards
Awards for Best export performance by Service Companies, Best Software Products, and CSR Awards
Amit Sharma, Global COO, IBM GBS (Global Business Services) and Katherine B. Hadda, Consul General, U.S. Consulate, Hyderabad graced the Awards Function
130 products competed in various categories for the most coveted awards in the IT industry in the state
The StartUps count now stands at 1800 in the city and is growing
T-Hub, IIIT-H, Hyderabad Angels, T-Fund, IIIT Seed Fund and TiE Hyderabad and HYSEA member companies to mentor winners of HY10—Hyderabad’s Hot 10 new Startups
Hyderabad, March 23rd, 2017:
HYSEA organised it Annual Summit and Awards 2017 on 23rd March 2017. The daylong event started with the Design Summit and Product Showcase in the morning.
The theme of this year’s Design Summit was “Designing Intelligence”, which Explored Design, Automation and Intelligence and its impact on how future technologies will evolve. It also highlighted and recognized interesting start-ups in various categories in its awards event in the evening.
Design Summit, an important part of the Annual summit, celebrates design in any of its form. It brings Designers, Creators, Entrepreneurs and Friends together to build momentum and opportunity around their unique entrepreneurial identity. Design talks, showcasing attractive designs and products, un-conference sessions discussing design, and a maker pavilion/design showcase, are all part of the HYSEA Summit & Awards, the most prestigious Industry event of the city.
The four topics as part of the theme ‘Designing Intelligence’ explored this year included Imagining technologies, Drawing Cashless Economy, Designing the future and Weaving Innovation into Mainstream and saw marquee designers, founders and creators in talks and panel discussions.
The key speakers included Mr. Ananth Ramesh, lead designer and analyst, leading an unprecedented moonshot – landing a space craft on the moon – via TeamIndus, Ankit Bhateja, Founder, Xovian – Space, Anurag Joshi, Director/ Co-founder INDrone Aero Systems, Dasaradha R Gude, CEO of INVECAS, Hari Thallapalli, CEO, CallHealth Services, Hemanth Satyanarayana, Hiring Unity Rockstars – MIT TR35 Innovator, CEO of Imaginate, Mixed Reality Expert, Jignesh Talasila, Co-Founder and CEO, Loop Reality, Murali T, Partner & Innovation Leader at PwC, Naveen Patibandla, Director, Gazoole (a perceptual reality platform), Naveen Varma Alluri, Co-Founder, My Ally, Prashant Lingam, Social Entrepreneur and founder, Bamboo House India, Ravi Kiran, Founder and CEO, GoLive Gaming Solutions, Rahul Khandelwal, COO, ApoKos Rehab, Sanath Reddy, Founder, Moonwalkr, Varun Malhotra, Co-founder, Director at The Cirqus, and Divye Prakash Joshi, Site Director, Medtronic on various aspects of the Product ecosystem, Getting inside the context of Intelligent Tech, Corp Innovation– connecting with the extended innovation ecosystem, Fitness & Health Innovation, Tech in Entertainment Industry. VCs, Angel entrepreneurs, also shared their insight on challenges and opportunities they see.
The Product Showcase, as always, brought together the start-ups, established product and services companies, and the investor community to showcase the buzzing innovation culture, increase in Startups and Startup support activities in Hyderabad and also celebrated the rise of start-ups in Hyderabad.
More than 130 products competed under various categories such as Consumer Startup; Enterprise Startup; Established Products; Best Technology Innovation; Social Impact; Student Startup; Best Gadget/Device etc. for the coveted awards. After an initial presentation by the product award nominees at IIIT the shortlisted award finalists were invited to the Expo to showcase their products, with an opportunity to interact with CIOs, VCs, Angel investors and other industry/e-government decision makers. A panel of leading entrepreneurs, business leaders, Venture Capitalists (VCs) and academicians assessed the product presentations.
With young and upcoming start-ups getting a boost, the start-up’s count in Hyderabad is now believed to be around 1800 and growing.
A Key Award Category ‘HY10—Hyderabad’s Hot 10 new Startups, entails the winner apart from the recognition, also benefits from precise enablement planned through mentoring, market connect and investor access. This year the winners of Hyderabad’s 10 hottest start-ups will receive Mentorship, Technology Enablement, Bootcamp Opportunity, Market and Investor Access by T-Hub, IIIT-H, Hyderabad Angels, T-Fund, IIIT Seed Fund and TiE Hyderabad and HYSEA member companies.
In the evening, awards were given away to companies for best performance in exports, CSR and Best products.
Mr. Amit Sharma, Global COO, IBM GBS (Global Business Services); and Katherine B. Hadda, Consul General, U.S. Consulate, Hyderabad, were the guests of honour for the awards function.
Speaking on the occasion Ms Katherine B Hadda, Consul General, US Consulate, Hyderabad, said, “Innovation is in the DNA of Hyderabad, and appreciating the startup and innovation culture in the city. Hyderabad is a happening city which promotes innovation and entrepreneurship and the startup scene in the city has been very promising. If we combine the talent Hyderabad possesses in case of IT and services sector with the heart-warming nature of people, the city has the ability to produce best of IT products and services” said Katherine B Hadda.
Stressing that Hyderabad is one of the best cities with all qualities to succeed in IT sector globally, the US Consul General said that she would facilitate and explore opportunities for Hyderabad based IT companies, startups and entrepreneurs to tie up with US companies and explore the US market.
Mr. Amit Sharma, Global COO, IBM also expressed similar sentiments and said, “Hyderabad is one the very few cities where infrastructure growth has kept pace with business growth. We are at the cusp of a new era where data has become an important resource and speed of innovation assumes significance. Swift innovation is possible only through startups and SMEs and Hyderabad has a very vibrant startup scene. Now what is needed is to connect the Hyderabad IT companies and startups with global innovation chains” he said.
Both the esteemed guests along with Ranga Pothula, President, HYSEA and CVD Ram Prasad, Director, STPI Hyderabad later gave away the awards.
Several software enterprises were given awards under various categories. Ten startups were selected as Hyderabad Hot 10 startups during the summit. Paymatrix, Callfree Infotainment, Gayam Motor Works Limitless, Ebutor Distribution, Bulbul apps, Enmovil Solutions, Right Process Infotech, H-Bots, Food 4 Thought Foundation, Recycled India are the startups under Hyderabad Hot 10 startups.