Exploring Growth Horizons for SMEsHyderabad, August 29 2017- HYSEA, Hyderabad Software Enterprises Association, hosted its Annual SME (Small and Medium Enterprises) Summit 2017 today. Shri Jayesh Ranjan, IAS Principal Secretary ITE&C Dept. Govt. of Telangana was the chief guest at the event.
The event witnessed a good participation from the IT & IT SME fraternity of Hyderabad and covered important aspects of growth opportunities for SMEs in Hyderabad.
- SME sector contributing 10% to IT exports revenue of Telangana and has potential to double this contribution.
- Software will lead the growth momentum in the IT industry and will witness a rise in platform based solutions.
- Cloud, Mobile, Big Data & Analytics will account for growing proportion of spending in Devices, Infrastructure, Services & Telecom.
- Security & Analytics will drive the SME market.
- The growth of IT SMEs largely depends on its ability to compete with large global, well-established enterprises who track key paradigm shifts in the industry and changing buyer behavior.
- In light of the changing dynamics, customer acquisition is not easy and requires IT SMEs to adapt, understand the new age buyer and adopt effective selling strategies.
The theme of this year’s HYSEA SME summit was reviewing Growth Horizons for SMEs. The Summit focused on the opportunity landscape that is evolving and changing due to disruptive forces of a dynamic marketplace deeply impacted by innovations, new business models and rapidly changing world of emerging technologies where data insights is the king, social platforms are evolving as new sources of business intelligence, and cloud computing is an enabler to driving business growth.
Addressing the gathering at the 2017 HYSEA SME Summit, Mr. Ranga Pothula, President of HYSEA, said, Hyderabad has seen tremendous growth in IT exports from 40 thousand crore to 87 thousand crore over the last five years of which the SME sector contributes 10 percent of the IT Export revenue. We believe that the SME sector can do much better and has the potential to double its contribution with the support from the state government and the IT industry in Hyderabad.â€
Mr. Jaideep Mehta, MD India and South Asia, IDC, gave the key note session on the opportunities the IT SMEs have in today’s scenario. He mentioned that Software will lead the growth momentum in the IT industry and will witness a rise in platform based solutions. Cloud, Mobile, Big Data & Analytics will account for growing proportion of spending in Devices, Infrastructure, Services & Telecom. Mr. Mehta also touched upon the top six worldwide innovation accelerators which are
- Cognitive or Artificial Intelligence
- 3D printing
- Virtual or Augmented reality
IoT dominates new tech values at the moment but new categories like Augmented/Virtual reality & Robotics are growing fast.
Saas will dominate spending on cloud services in the next 3-4 years with multiple workloads being shifted away from on-premise; this will create opportunities to build partnerships with niche SaaS players and Security & Analytics will drive the SME market. The event was attended by other industry leaders who spoke a variety of topics including the following
|Crossing the Digital Chasm||Muneeb Mohammed, Vice President-ISV Alliances, CtrlS|
|Apprising a Business for the Value it represents – Session on Business Valuation||Mr. Sathya Ramananthan, Director, EY India, Investment Banking|
|Driving Business Transformation through Digital Solutions||Mr. Nimit Desai, Senior Vice President, Global Liquidity & Cash Management, HSBC|
|Cloud Adoption trends and Opportunities||Mr. Chandra Balani, Head of Business Development, Amazon Internet Services Pvt. Ltd.|
|How IBM Watson Analytics can be leveraged for building products||Mr. Dharma T Atluri, CIC India Product Lead-SAP Business Objects, IBM|
|Managing Money||Mr. Kiran Voleti, Cluster Head-AP & Telangana for Franklin Templeton Asset Management|
|The art and Science of selling to new age customer (Panel Discussion)||• Sesha M Rao, MD, Insideview Technologies
• Indraneel Ganguli, Senior Vice President & Global Head-Brand and Field Marketing & Communications, Tech Mahindra Ltd.
• P Sridhar Ray, Chairman & MD, CtrlS Datacenters Ltd
• Ajay Ray, Founder and Managing Director of Ray Business Technologies Pvt. Ltd.